Part-time and stipend.
The primary purpose of this AmeriCorps position is to support both the mission and vision of the Tucson Festival of Books. This will be accomplished through program development (organization, implementation, and evaluation). The beneficiaries of this position will be youth, families, and communities throughout Pima County and all of southern Arizona.
Serve as an ambassador for the festival & address the need for improving reading literacy, especially among young people. Working with marketing committees on promotions & outreach for the festival to community groups & schools. Including: school visits & networking, attending committee meetings & working closely with committee members to help them with their social media, promotions & networking needs & planning special events & online campaigns. Work with science city volunteers on marketing & promoting learning experiences related to STEM. Assist with the coordination of programs associated with the Festival. Assist in creating education materials related to literacy & positive youth development. Working with volunteers & community partners to promote literacy. Assist with evaluation. Participate in community outreach activities: presentations, displays, social media & other avenues to increase awareness of literacy issues.
- The member must be age 18 or older & hold a high school degree.
- A working knowledge of the Tucson Festival of Books and the University of Arizona
- Willing to assist in organizing TFoB programs
- Have some understanding of working with volunteers
- Have the ability to organize and execute events/functions
- Have skills related to social media, and be creative and excited to work with youth and adults
- English language proficiency
- High level computer skills and strong social skills are a must
For more information, visit https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=…. For questions, email Karla Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org.