8 - 12 hours per week for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024, unpaid.
Integrative Touch (InTouch) is dedicated to helping people of all ages and abilities get well and stay well. We support children and adults who are seeking healing and wellness and specialize in supporting individuals as they navigate trauma and illness. For almost 20 years, InTouch has helped infants, children and adults in communities, hospitals, outpatient clinics and online to reduce pain and alleviate suffering. InTouch now hosts many programs from the Integrative Touch Healing Center that is located in Tucson, AZ and serves individuals remotely from around the globe.
Each intern will support the Integrative Touch mission along with the Healing Center. Interns will work to support daily Healing Center operations and long term growth through a variety of tasks and projects. Committee assignments are also available in areas such as Grants, Marketing, The Conversations on Healing Podcast, Gala, Research & Evaluation, and more.
Our interns will work directly with our staff, volunteers, and program recipients. While serving as an InTouch Intern, you should be comfortable with the following tasks:
- Assisting in programs with children & adults of all abilities
- Creating a warm and welcoming environment where children and families are greeted by name, and the cultures of the community are represented through wellness activities, art, literature, movement, sounds, animals, etc.
- Maintaining a safe environment for children
- Creating a fun environment that encourages exploration, active learning, and play
- Developing positive social behaviors in children that nurture peer-to-peer relationship building.
- Supporting the preparation and service of a meal/snack program
- Maintaining a clean, organized, & sanitary indoor/outdoor environment by performing daily cleaning duties
- Communicating frequently with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure you are satisfied and well-placed in various assignments.
- Ensuring the purpose of the organization and its actions are clearly communicated.
- Performing some administrative duties such as inventory stock, collecting, & organizing data, cleaning, & craft prep
- Conduct research and community outreach as identified by management.
- Conduct program evaluation of our therapeutic treatments, classes, and/or programs in support of program improvement and data collection.
- Holding potential InTouch committee membership, requiring:
- Teamwork and group participation
- Professional interpersonal communication & meeting etiquette
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Independent project organization and effective time management
Applicants can send a resume and message of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and can learn more about our organization at https://www.integrativetouch.org/. For additional questions, please connect with Makayla Kaiser at email@example.com, or Tom Matteson at firstname.lastname@example.org.