Transform Your Story at the Norton School of Human Ecology
If you are passionate about helping people solve problems and inspired to discover solutions that change the world, the Norton School of Family & Consumer Sciences can help you develop the skills and experience you need to succeed. Earning a degree from the Norton School is the first step toward unlocking a fulfilling, rewarding future. Our team will help guide you from the start, whether you’re a new student at the University of Arizona or you’re a current student interested in changing your major.
Become a Wildcat!
Once a wildcat, always a wildcat! If you are a high school student or community college transfer student, we want you to become part of the next generation of Wildcats equipped to unleash your potential and thrive.
Change Your Major
If you are already a University of Arizona student, and are looking to change your major we are here to help you make that happen! There are four programs of study at the Norton School of Human Ecology.
- Fashion Industry’s Science and Technology
- Human Development and Family Science
- Personal and Family Financial Planning
- Retailing and Consumer Science
To change your major to one of these programs, follow this checklist:
- Make sure you have a 2.0 GPA
- Complete the online Major Information Session
- Take the short online quiz immediately following the Major Information Session
- Complete the online form to request a change of major
- Allow five days for the request to be processed
- Schedule an appointment online with an adviser
Personal and Family Financial Planning students graduate with job offers after graduation
Forty six of the Fortune 500 companies are retailers. In the $25-trillion global retail industry, Retail managerial, professional, and technical careers are in demand and highly paid.
Human Development and Family Science students were placed in over 50 different social service agencies and non-profit companies as part of their internship opportunities.
Find Your Fit
No matter where you are on your academic road — just starting out as a prospective student or a current student ready to declare a major — a Norton School adviser can help steer you in the right direction.